I cannot sit quietly because there are so many interesting projects and possibilities around!
I’ve spent over a decade as a dance teacher, founded and ran a successful dance school for 6 years, taught yoga, qi gong and meditation, founded a company, worked as a choreographer. In 2013, I coordinated a charity project to collect money for an orphanage in Northern Russia, my project was called Dance for a Reason. Then I turned my attention to create a ballroom and latin dance school because it was my dream and I saw an opportunity because there was no such offer for young adults in Oslo. Due to my personal interest I also took several yoga teacher trainings and was teaching yoga in Oslo. I was running dance school and teaching yoga freelance for 6 years until 2019 when I got an injury, and switched to choreography and offering qi gong, stress management and meditation.
Along the way in 2016 I founded and have been running an AS. It was offering physical training for companies during the office hours. We based our choices of exercise on science and had above 20 instructors. It was active for a few years, but then I had to focus on my PhD to finish it. I was doing all of my projects while working on PhD dissertation on policy instruments in Health care in Norway, which I have submitted in 2019 and defended in 2020.
In 2019 I have asked myself what is next. I felt the need to move on. I stopped giving group classes in dance, so now I only choreograph wedding dances because I feel so passionate about it. The time that I have freed up I have invested into teaching Qi Gong and meditations. I was practicing and studying it since 2008 and I felt the need and readiness to share the practice in 2019 after I took a teacher training in 2018 and became a teacher in practice.
So I was juggling 4-5 projects all the times since 2013. In addition to dance, yoga, qi gong, meditations, research, teaching, I am also an artist. I create artwork in acrylics. I had an exhibition in 2016 and sold a few of my works, but there are many remaining.
It is 2020 and I am again asking myself what is next? As an expression of creativity and inspiration and willingness to share it with other entrepreneurs I am working on a podcast. I interview start-ups with success stories that can inspire YOU for action to create your business. I also want to empower YOU by sharing my knowledge how to kick-start projects and how to keep yourself centered and focused in this excited process!
- Project management course (Holte)
- PhD, research on incentives and policy instruments in health care in Norway, University of Oslo (UiO). Publications.
- Course pedagogy in higher education, UiO
- International start-up program (Oslo International Hub)
- Sheng Zhen – Qi Gong / meditation in stillness and movement – teacher in practice (from master Li Junfeng)
- Certified Yoga Nidra and Restorative yoga teacher (Atman)
- Yoga anatomy course certification (Axelsons)
- Certified Classic yoga teacher (Hari-Om)
- Certified Ayurvedic head massage therapist (NaturaClass)
- Certified sport dance trainer: specialty – ballroom and latin. Additional specialty: salsa, belly dance. (Norwegian Dance Federation)